Please separate assignment and journal…and no plagiarism!!!!
After reading this week’s lectures on the qualities of a Fair-Minded Thinker, select one quality you feel you possess and describe how you embody this quality.
Next, select two qualities you feel you need to improve upon.
Using the five step decision making process outlined below, create a plan of action to improve in those areas. Please be sure to outline the specific steps you’ll take to overcome any obstacles you face.
Your completed assignment should be written primarily in first person and should be 500-750 words in length. If you use sources in your writing, be sure to identify them. If you use any direct language from a source, be sure to place those words in quotation marks.
Decision Making Process
- Step One: As clearly as possible, define the decision you are faced with.
- Step Two: Consider each possible choice you have for resolving the issue.
- Step Three: Gather as much relevant information as time allows, and identify the pros and cons of each of the choices you have to solve your issue.
- Step Four: Based on your list of pros and cons, choose the best method for resolving the issue.
- Step Five: Construct a plan of action to implement your method (be sure to leave yourself enough flexibility to make adjustments as necessary).
Throughout the course, we will be coming back to the decision making process and discussing how we solve problems. Many of the things we discuss in the course refer to avoiding the pitfalls that many people make in problem solving. In your opinion, what is problem solving? Why is it important? What is an example of a time you succeeded at solving a problem? What is a time you failed at solving a problem?
Your work should be at least 500 words, but mostly draw from your own personal experience. This should be written in first person and give examples from your life. Be sure if you are using information from the readings that you properly cite your readings in this, and in all assignments.